Balsamic baked tofu & mozzarellaSep 10, 2020
This recipe was first posted by The Vegan Dairy – view original recipe here.
• 450g Firm Tofu sliced into your fav shape
• ½ small to medium onion sliced into half rings
• ½-1 cup fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 can of diced tomatoes or 4-6 chopped tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or basil, to garnish
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary leaves
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1-2 tsp coconut sugar
• cracked black pepper, to taste
• 5-6 cloves tablespoons minced garlic
• Cut tofu into large pieces you choose and place in a baking tray
• shake together in a jar the balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic, olive oil, salt, chopped rosemary leaves, dried oregano
• Pour the seasoning over the tofu and rub it all over the tofu.
• Arrange the tomatoes and red onion around the in the dish and marinate for 30 mins to an hour.
• Preheat oven to 220°C | 430°F.
• Pour the diced tomato’s over the marinated tofu and spread evenly. It will all mix in while it bakes.
• Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (depending on the thickness of your tofu or how crispy you want it).
• Sprinkle with cheese and grill for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
• Garnish with parsley, and serve with rice or pasta drizzled with the pan juices.